Terms and Conditions
1 Thabela Thabeng’s Policies, Terms & Conditions Issued by Meteorique CC (Reg:
2010/066925/23) trading as Thabela Thabeng Guest Farm Thank you for booking with
Thabela Thabeng Guest Farm. We look forward to welcoming you. Kindly note that when
you make this booking, you are entering an agreement with us. Please read our terms
and conditions that apply to your booking. All Terms and Conditions are deemed to be
read and accepted on receipt of the chalet/lodge keys or upon signing the Indemnity at
All bookings must be paid within 24 hours after the booking has been made.
If payment is not received, your booking will be cancelled automatically.
The total amount is needed to confirm your booking.
Bookings are only confirmed once you have received a confirmation email.
No-show guests forfeit 100% of their booking fee.
Guests that leave early, due to any circumstances, will not be refunded.
All add-ons are non-refundable I.E. (Breakfast, Chalet service, etc.)
Moving a booking
Bookings can only be moved 10 days, or more, before your date of arrival.
A 10% admin fee will be charged each time a booking is moved.
No credit will be given for bookings that have been moved.
If there is an amount due, you must pay the balance, within 24 hours after the booking has been made, or your booking will be cancelled.
Your booking is only confirmed if you have received a confirmation email.
50% of your fee can be refunded if you cancel 30 days, or more, before your arrival date.
Cancellations less than 30 days before the set arrival date are non-refundable.
No refunds will be given if you booked through Booking.com, Airbnb, or TripAdvisor
Cancellations must be done via email.
The cancellation email address must correspond with the email address the booking was made from.
This policy is subject to change and can be changed at any time without prior notice.
Terms and Conditions
1. Thabela Thabeng’s check-in time is 14h00 – 17h00. Guests are required to arrive before 17h00 to receive guidance and directions to the chalets and sign the Indemnity Form, if they didn’t make an online check in.
2. All guests who check-in after 17h00 will be required to obtain their keys from the Key Postbox situated outside the entrance gate. Thabela Thabeng will not be held responsible for any inconveniences or difficulties that guests experience due to a lack of instruction when they arrive after 17h00.
3. By receiving keys in the Key Post-box, after 17h00, guests confirm that they have read Thabela Thabeng’s Policy document and Terms and Conditions and that they agree to the Liability Policy below.
4. Guests who are unable to check in before 17h00, due to a valid reason, such as work, traffic etc. should inform us of their estimated time of arrival at least three hours in advance on the day of checking in.
5. No early check-ins are allowed. Our chalets are usually fully booked and sufficient time is needed for the housekeeping team to prepare the chalet for the next guests, before check-in time at 14h00. Guests who arrive early are welcome to place their luggage at Reception and go for a hike or enjoy a meal in the restaurant.
6. Our check-out time is strictly 10h00. Guests who check out after 10h00 will be required to pay R200 surcharge per hour. Our housekeeping team is entitled to start cleaning the chalet after 10h00, irrespective if guests are still occupying the chalet.
7. Gates to the swimming pool, Kiosk, Reception, and the Restaurant close 17h00.
8. When guests book less beds than are available in the chalet, the other rooms will be inaccessible.
9. No other guests are allowed to sleep over in a chalet or lodge apart for those who have booked and paid.
10. Babies younger than four years are allowed to sleep in a cot with their parents, free of charge.
11. No additional mattresses or other beds will be allowed or provided for extra guests in the chalets or lodges.
12. Unauthorized persons or visitors are not allowed on the premises without prior consent by the Management.
13. No more than two visitors are allowed to visit guests in chalets and lodges. Visitors are not allowed without prior consent by the Management and are only allowed between 8h00 – 17h00. Visitors are required to pay R150 Visitor’s Fee per person and are required to check-in at Reception and sign an Indemnity Form.
14. Hiking, swimming, and fishing are free for sleep-over guests.
15. Transport of guests and luggage to chalets or lodges can be arranged at R100 per round trip, which can be paid at reception or added onto the guest’s bill to be settled before checking out. A maximum of 5 people per trip is allowed.
16. Guests are not allowed to feed monkeys or baboons on the Guest Farm.
17. Thabela Thabeng forms part of the Dome Nature Conservancy and no rocks of geological value or other fauna and flora are allowed to be removed from the Guest Farm.
18. No pets of any kind are allowed on the farm or in the chalets.
19. No smoking is allowed in the chalets and lodges.
20. To maintain tranquillity and to consider other guests, no noise or loud music are allowed on the Guest farm.
21. Misuse of alcohol is strictly prohibited in the chalets, lodges, parking area, swimming pool area or in the restaurant.
22. No picnics are allowed along the hiking routes or on any area on the farm that has not been designated and marked as picnic areas or fishing spots.
23. No parties, loud music or social gatherings are allowed in the parking area in front of Reception, pool area or elsewhere on the Guest Farm, without the consent of Management.
24. No camping is allowed on the farm.
25. To protect the privacy of guests staying in the chalets, operating drones on the Guest Farm is not permitted, unless approved by Management for specific photography purposes.
26. Guests are required to keep the Guest Farm clean and pristine, free from litter and when hiking or fishing, carry all litter with them until it can be disposed of in dustbins at the chalets or at Reception.
27. No hunting or firearms or dangerous weapons of any kind are allowed on the Guest Farm.
28. Guests are not allowed to damage the natural environment in any way and graffiti or marks on rocks, trees or other parts of the farm are strictly prohibited.
29. Thabela Thabeng reserves the right to require guests to leave the Guest Farm who behave disruptively in any way or are violating the rules set out in this document.
Terms and Conditions, without a refund. Risk and Liability Policy
All guests are required to sign an Indemnity Form at Reception upon checking in or embarking on any activity or making use of facilities on the farm.
- Each person is required to present him/herself at reception and sign a separate Indemnity Form. One person cannot sign on behalf of another person or group.
- Parents or legal guardians are required to sign for children who are minors and take full responsibility for them regarding the risks and liabilities set out in this policy. By signing the Indemnity and/or receiving keys to the chalets and lodges guests and visitors confirm that they agree to the following:
- They visit the farm and make use of the facilities and partake in activities at Thabela Thabeng at their own risk.
- The establishment, its owners, employees, facilitators, co-workers, directors, or agents shall not be responsible for any liabilities, damages, claims, injury or death of any person or the loss or destruction or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) or wrongful act of any person in the management and employment of the establishment.
- Guests confirm that they understand the risks involved in making use of the facilities and activities such as normal walking, hiking, rock-climbing, ladder climbing, abseiling, obstacle course, river tubing, kayaking, rafting, swimming, and that they make use of the facilities and all activities on the Guest Farm at their own risk.
- They have read, and are aware of, the following potential risks involved in making use of the facilities and activities at Thabela Thabeng:
- – Falling or slipping off from cliffs (e.g., Devil’s Chimney at Baboon’s cliff) while hiking, abseiling or rock-climbing and incur injuries of any type while doing these activities, including but not limited to head injuries that can cause brain damage and broken limbs.
- – Being bitten by snakes and insects such as bees which can cause adversary reactions or death.
- – Drowning when swimming, tubing, kayaking, rafting, or falling into river unintentionally.
- – Slipping on wet soil, loose rocks, rough terrain during hiking or while taking part in any adventure or teambuilding activity.
- – Falling from ropes, supporting infrastructure, gear or other people who support the partaker, while doing activities such as hiking, rock-climbing, abseiling, the obstacle course, team building activities, or climbing Devil’s Chimney at Baboon’s Cliff.
- – Ingesting or inhaling poisonous or hazardous substances that could enter water resources such as river water or water tanks, food, or the environment without the intention of the establishment and any of its employees or co-workers.
- They are aware that there may be other risks involved in using the activities and facilities on the Guest Farm that have not been listed in the above-mentioned list of potential risks.
- Thabela Thabeng does not facilitate activities and employees that provide support or guidance during activities such as cliff climbing, tubing, hiking, or kayaking are not necessarily trained or registered as tour guides, as defined by the SA Tourism Act no 72 of 1993. They are only accompanying guests to provide support and comfort. They or the establishment will not be held liable or responsible for any injury or loss incurred by a guest, in any way, while doing the activity and being accompanied by an employee of the Guest Farm.
- The fees that are paid for partaking in day visit or pre booked activities are paid to Thabela Thabeng for the use of the facilities and are not paid to any employee or co-worker who accompany guests on activities to provide support.
- Only people who are qualified with abseiling or rock-climbing qualifications are allowed to abseil or do rock-climbing on the Guest Farm and do so at their own risk, being fully aware of the risks involved in these activities.
- No guest, who is unable to swim, is allowed to make use of the swimming pool or river activities.
All guests are required to keep all doors and windows in chalets and lodges locked when they leave the chalets and lodges to prevent monkeys and baboons from entering the chalets and lodges.
Any damage caused by guests to property and premises, due to bad behaviour or carelessness, or keys lost will be for the guests’ account.
- All vehicles are parked at their own risk at the designated parking areas.
- Guests understand and acknowledge the kind of vehicle required to travel to the farm’s premises. The establishment is not liable for damage to a guest’s vehicle when travelling into Thabela Thabeng Guest Farm, up the mountain route or hiking route and when departing from Thabela.
- Thabela Thabeng Guest farm operates in compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI Act) to protect your personal information disclosed to us for operational purposes.
- When you book with us, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you.
- Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your full names, contact numbers, email address and ID number.
- The personal information that we collect from you will be used to:
- To provide accommodation and related services to confirm and verify your identity for security purposes.
- To resolve complaints
- To use in connection with legal proceedings, should litigation results from your stay at Thabela Thabeng.
- We only retain your personal information for the period necessary to achieve the purpose we collected it for unless the longer retention of your personal information is required or authorized by law.
- Once we have achieved that purpose, we will, as soon as reasonably practicable, destroy or delete the record of your personal information in accordance with the provisions of POPIA.
- We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop or prevent unauthorized access and use of our guest’s personal information.
We are not held liable for unauthorized parties that obtain your personal information due to criminal acts, for instance by hacking our online booking system.
We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security and risk management controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
Thabela Thabeng Management
Meteorique CC (Reg: 2010/066925/23) trading as Thabela Thabeng Guest Farm.
This policy is subject to change and can be changed at any time without prior notice.