Terms and Conditions
1 Thabela Thabeng’s Policies, Terms & Conditions Issued by Meteorique CC (Reg:
2010/066925/23) trading as Thabela Thabeng Guest Farm Thank you for booking with
Thabela Thabeng Guest Farm. We look forward to welcoming you. Kindly note that when
you make this booking, you are entering an agreement with us. Please read our terms
and conditions that apply to your booking. All Terms and Conditions are deemed to be
read and accepted on receipt of the chalet/lodge keys or upon signing the Indemnity at
1. All bookings must be paid within 24 hours after the booking has been made.
2. If payment is not received your booking will be canceled automatically.
3. The total amount is needed to confirm your booking.
4. Bookings are only confirmed once you have received a confirmation email.
5. No show guests forfeit 100% for their booking fee.
6. Guests that leave early due to any circumstances will not be refunded.
7. All add-on’s are non-refundable I.E. (Breakfast, Chalet service)
Moving a booking
1. Bookings can only be moved 10 days before your arrival date.
2. A 10% admin fee will be charged each time a booking is moved.
3. No credit will be given for bookings that have been moved.
4. If there is an amount due you must pay the balance within 24 hours or your
booking will be canceled.
5. Your booking is only confirmed if you have received a confirmation email.
1. 50% of your fee can be refunded if you cancel 30 days be for your arrival date.
2. Cancellations less than 30 days of your arrival date are non-refundable.
3. No refunds will be given if you booked thru Booking.com, Airbnb, or TripAdvisor
4. Cancellations must be done via email.
5. The email adders must correspond with the email address the booking has been
This policy is subiect to change and can be changed at any time without prior notice.
Terms and Conditions
1. Thabela Thabeng’s check-in time is 14h00 – 17h00. Guests are required to arrive before 17h00
to receive guidance and directions to the chalets and sign the Indemnity Form.
2. All guests who check-in after 17h00 will be required to obtain their keys from the Key Postbox
situated outside the entrance gate. Thabela will not be held responsible for any inconveniences
or difficulties that guests experience due to a lack of instruction when they arrive after 17h00.
3. By receiving keys in the Key Post-box after 17h00, guests confirm that they have read Thabela
Thabeng’s Policy document and Terms and Conditions and that they agree to the Liability Policy
4. Guests who are unable to check in before 17h00 due to a valid reason such as work, traffic etc.
should inform us of their estimated time of arrival at least three hours in advance on the day of
5. No early check-ins are allowed. Our chalets are usually fully booked and sufficient time is
needed for the housekeeping team to prepare the chalet for the next guests before check-in
time at 14h00. Guests who arrive early are welcome to place their luggage at Reception and go
for a hike or enjoy a meal in the restaurant.
6. Our check-out time is strictly 11:00. Guests who check out after 11h00 will be required to pay
R200 surcharge per hour. Our housekeeping team is entitled to start cleaning the chalet after
11h00, irrespective if guests are still occupying the chalet.
7. Gates to the swimming pool, Kiosk, Reception, and the Restaurant close 17h00.
8. When guests book less beds than are available in the chalet, the other rooms will be
9. No other guests are allowed to sleep over in a chalet or lodge apart for those who have
booked and paid.
10. Babies younger than four years are allowed to sleep in a cot with their parents, free of charge.
11. No additional mattresses or other beds will be allowed or provided for extra guests in the
chalets or lodges.
12. Unauthorized persons or visitors are not allowed on the premises without prior consent by
13. No more than two visitors are allowed to visit guests in chalets and lodges. Visitors are not
allowed without prior consent by the Management and are only allowed between 8h00 – 17h00.
Visitors are required to pay R100 Visitor’s Fee per person and are required to check-in at
Reception and sign an Indemnity Form.
14. Hiking, swimming and fishing are free for sleep-over guests.
15. Transport of guests and luggage to chalets or lodges can be arranged at R50 per round trip,
which can be paid at reception or added onto the guests bill to be settled before checking out.
Maximum 5 people per trip is allowed.
16. Transport of guests and luggage to chalets or lodges can be arranged at R50 per trip,
maximum 5 people per trip.
17. Guests are not allowed to feed monkeys or baboons on the Guest Farm.
18. Thabela Thabeng forms part of the Dome Nature Conservancy and no rocks of geological
value or other fauna and flora are allowed to be removed from the Guest Farm.
19. No pets of any kind are allowed on the farm or in the chalets.
20. No smoking is allowed in the chalets and lodges.
21. To maintain tranquility and consider other guests, no noise or loud music are allowed on the
22. Misuse of alcohol is strictly prohibited in the chalets, lodges, parking area, swimming pool
area or in the restaurant.
23. No picnics are allowed along the hiking routes or on any area on the farm that has not been
designated and marked as picnic areas or fishing spots.
24. No parties, loud music or social gatherings are allowed in the parking area in front of
Reception, pool area or elsewhere on the Guest Farm, without the consent of Management.
25. No camping is allowed on the farm.
26. To protect the privacy of guests staying in the chalets, operating drones on the Guest Farm
is not permitted, unless approved by Management for specific photography purposes.
27. Guests are required to keep the Guest Farm clean and pristine, free from litter and when
hiking or fishing, carry all litter with them until it can be disposed of in dustbins at the chalets or
at Reception. 28. No hunting or firearms or dangerous weapons of any kind are allowed on the
Guest Farm. 3
28. Guests are not allowed to damage the natural environment in any way and graffiti or marks
on rocks, trees or other parts of the farm are strictly prohibited.
29. Thabela Thabeng reserves the right to require guests to leave the Guest Farm who behave
disruptively in any way or are violating the rules set out in this.
Terms and Conditions, without a refund. Risk and Liability Policy
• All guests are required to sign an Indemnity Form at Reception upon checking in or embarking
on any activity or making use of facilities on the farm.
• Each person is required to present him/herself at reception and sign a separate Indemnity
Form. One person cannot sign on behalf of another person or group.
• Parents or legal guardians are required to sign for children who are minors and take full
responsibility for them regarding the risks and liabilities set out in this policy. By signing the
Indemnity and/or receiving keys to the chalets and lodges guests and visitors confirm that they
agree to the following:
• They visit the farm and make use of the facilities and partake in activities at Thabela Thabeng
at their own risk.
• The establishment, its owners, employees, facilitators, co-workers, directors, or agents shall not
be responsible for any liabilities, damages, claims, injury or death of any person or the loss or
destruction or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or
any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) or
wrongful act of any person in the management and employment of the establishment.
• Guests confirm that the understand the risks involved in making use of the facilities and
activities such as normal walking, hiking, rock-climbing, ladder climbing, abseiling, obstacle
course, river tubing, kayaking, rafting, swimming, and that they make use of the facilities and all
activities on the Guest Farm at their own risk.
• They have read and are aware of the following potential risks involved in making use of the
facilities and activities at Thabela Thabeng: o Falling or slipping off from cliffs (e.g., Devil’s
Chimney at Baboon’s cliff) while hiking, abseiling or rock-climbing and incur injuries of any type
while doing these activities, including but not limited to head injuries that can cause brain
damage and broken limbs. o Being bitten by snakes and insects such as bees which can cause
adversary reactions or death. o Drowning when swimming, tubing, kayaking, rafting, or falling
into river unintentionally. o Slipping onto wet soil, loose rocks, rough terrain during hiking or
while taking part in any adventure or teambuilding activity. o Falling from ropes, supporting
infrastructure, gear or other people who support the partaker, while doing activities such as
hiking, rock-climbing, abseiling, the obstacle course, team building activities, or climbing Devil’s
Chimney at Baboon’s Cliff. o Ingesting or inhaling poisonous or hazardous substances that could
enter water resources such as river water or water tanks, food or the environment without the
intention of the establishment and any of its employees or co-workers.
• They are aware that there may be other risks involved in using the activities and facilities on
the Guest Farm that have not been listed in the above-mentioned list of potential risks.
• Thabela Thabeng does not facilitate activities and employees that provide support or guidance
during activities such as cliff climbing, tubing, hiking or kayaking are not necessarily trained or
registered as tour guides, as defined by the SA Tourism Act no 72 of 1993. They are only
accompanying guests to provide support and comfort. They or the establishment will not be held
liable or responsible for any injury or loss incurred by a guest in any way while doing the activity
and being accompanied by an employee of the Guest Farm. • The fees that are paid for
partaking in day visit or pre booked activities are paid to Thabela Thabeng for the use of the
facilities and are not paid to any employee or coworker who accompany guests on activities to
• Only people who are qualified with abseiling or rock-climbing qualifications are allowed to
abseil or do rock-climbing on the Guest Farm and do so at their own risk, being fully aware of
the risks involved in these activities.
• No guest who is unable to swim is allowed to make use of the swimming pool or river activities.
• All guests are required to keep all doors and windows in chalets and lodges locked when they
leave the chalets and lodges to prevent monkeys and baboons from entering the chalets and
• Any damage caused by guests to property and premises due to bad behavior or carelessness,
or keys lost will be for the guests’ account.
• All vehicles are parked at their own risk at the designated parking areas.
• Guests understand and acknowledge the kind of vehicle required to travel to the farm’s
premises. The establishment is not liable for damage to a guest’s vehicle when travelling into
Thabela Thabeng Guest Farm, up the mountain route or hiking route and when departing from
• Thabela Thabeno Guest farm operates in compliance with the Protection of Personal
Information Act (POPI Act) to protect your personal information disclosed to us for operational
• When you book with us, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable
information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may
include, but is not limited to, your full names, contact numbers, email address and ID number.
• The personal information that we collect from you will be used to: o Provide accommodation
and related services o to confirm and verify your identity for security purposes o To resolve
complaints o To use in connection with legal proceedings, should litigation results from your stay
at Thabela Thabeng.
• We only retain your personal information for the period necessary to achieve the purpose we
collected it for, unless the longer retention of your personal information is required or authorized
• Once we have achieved that purpose we will, as soon as reasonably practicable, destroy or
delete the record of your personal information in accordance with the provisions of POPIA.
• We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold
and to stop or prevent unauthorized access and use of our quest’s personal information.
• We are not held liable for unauthorized parties that obtain our personal information due to
criminal acts, for instance by hacking our online booking system.
• We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security and risk management controls
and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure. Yours sincerely
Thabela Thabeng Management, Meteorique CC (Reg: 2010/066925/23) trading as Thabela
Thabeng Guest Farm.
This policy is subject to change and can be change at any time without prior notice.